Donate

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Saturday 10 August 2013

Day 24 - Torcross, Dartmouth

Friday 9th August 
Total: 476+m  / Daily: 13m  / Blue Skies / Half Day

Spend a lovely morning off, went for a little walk with family and then explored Salcombe. Odd to be back in the same place a second time but nice to take it slowly and we had a long lunch down by the water watching boats in the harbour.

I still wanted to keep on track with my plan and did a little walking in the afternoon. 13miles in 3hrs and 50 mins, possibly the fastest I have walked yet - but it worked out very well. I was wearing new boots today which are certainly not as comfy as the not-so-waterproof old ones, but they will get there in a couple of days. Wearing them for a half day to start with was a good idea as my feet did ache after a few hours.

I was picked up from Dartmouth in a car returning from the airport with additional visitors. Dropped off in Loddiswell, I spent the evening catching up with friends. Thank you Alan and Maureen Bennett for your hospitality.
Tomorrow is a complete day off and I'll be back in Hope Cove for the evening. All of this luxury has come at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment