Donate

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Monday 5 August 2013

Day 20 - Dowry, Polruan, Polperro, Looe

Monday 5th August
Total: 391+m  / Daily: 18m  / Rain / Composer

It rained all morning. I met a couple walking the opposite direction who were also thinking of doing the 6 mile section I was heading towards but said 'not in the rain'. Cliff and Karen, thank you for your support, and yes, it was rather muddy/slippery in the rain. My poles helped a lot!

Polperro is a lovely little harbour town with tiny thin streets and has a rabbit warren feel about the place. My boots hadn't dried from yesterday and the rain slowly seeped its way into left boot, it began squelching. The heritage museum had lots of spare newspapers which I stuffed into both boots and wrung my socks. I think I'll order up my spare boots from base camp, perhaps sent to Salcombe for the Blitzkrieg assault I have planned on the last 10 days.
Spent two hours in a cafe (£100 per week!) wondering if the rain would stop. It didn't.

I composed my own set of lyrics to a song today. The original is by The Tallest Man on Earth, called Love Is All . Haven't got the guts to post the new lyrics to the world just yet.
Not a thrilling entry, but it rained a lot.
Oh, and the end came off the duct tape pole, wearing down the plastic now.

No comments:

Post a Comment