Donate

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Saturday 17 August 2013

Final Words

630.4 Miles Walked / 114,900ft Ascent /  31 Days Walking / 1 Pair of Shorts
£6450+ Raised for Prostate Cancer UK

For those who have been reading all the way through, I hope I've managed to share the incredible variety that I have experienced and like to think that I've written more than just miles, weather and food. For those who have read odd bits and pieces, I did actually do a lot of walking, honest!
The perceived monotony of walking every day only ever lasts a week or so and it soon just becomes part of the routine. The things that stand out (and that hopefully I have shared) make this sort of walk special and although I can't recall which day was which, or the sequence of towns (or even their names), I am very pleased to have kept this blog so that the detail is not lost.

Walking the South West Coast Path has been quite a challenge, both physically and mentally at times, and if you haven't yet had the chance to contribute, the JustGiving page will continue to run for 3 months (link at the top of this blog) if you would like to donate.

All that remains is for me to thank everyone who's charity, whether a splash of lime in my water bottle, or a cash contribution, has been far beyond my expectations. Thank you all so much.

Regards,
Alan Macnair

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alan! I just got reading through a few of your posts about your 600 mile walk. I am involved in the cancer community and had a quick question for you. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance. Thanks! - emilywalsh688@gmail(dot)com.

    Emmy

    ReplyDelete